While there’s something to be said about trendy, dark nightclubs, there’s nothing quite like a summer day party. For those who like their Sunday brunch plans to bring a little bit more to the table than just a casual omelette, mimosa, and Instagram pic, Daft Brunch is where you should be. Especially this upcoming one with Juan MacLean, Nancy Whang, and Justin Strauss.
The music lineup is something quite special, you can expect a dance-punk vibe that is perfect for a daytime, outdoor setting. It comes from some of the best in the scene, particularly the headliners Juan MacLean and Nancy Whang. If you don’t quite know what “dance-punk” means, just know it evokes a sound like LCD Soundsystem. Or, maybe it’s be more accurate to say that LCD Soundsystem evokes the Nancy Whang sound because of her high-profile work with them developing their music.
Since its inception a little over a year ago, Daft Brunch has evolved into an open-air, daytime dance party and fashion event with a focus on consciousness and sustainability in fashion. To the fashion end, Global Fashion Exchange will be hosting a fashion swap at the party, so be sure to bring something to swap and you can walk away with a new addition for your closet.
Plus there will be
- A conscious fashion marketplace with designers such as Heisel, Vegan Resort Wear, Crystalyn Kae, Grammar, Chris Habana, Vincetta, Gunas, American Deadstock, Ecotistic, Kromagnon, Stemp and more to be announced.
- A fashion show hosted by Runway The Real Way.
- Vogue performances hosted by Wearable Collections.
- Outdoor yoga experience by Lyons Den Power Yoga.
- And of course, multiple food options (from Luzzo’s, Guadalupe Inn, and Best Burger).
The event is free before 12:30 PM with RSVP, otherwise it’s a $10 advance tickets (but it includes your first drink).
Daft Brunch: A Disco Brunch & Dance Party With A Difference
Date & Time:
July 8th, 2018 | 11 AM
The Brooklyn Mirage
140 Stewart Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11237